Register here on The Perfect Pitch submission page in order to qualify for a chance to present your company to high level investors and potentially get funded. (Details and guidelines listed below ~ Deadline September 8th)
Just the chance to win free airfare to Los Angeles, 2 night stay at the Ritz Carlson, VIP to the conference and present to Sir Richard Branson himself is worth a quick submission.
Presenting takes place at The Perfect Pitch 2009 Entrepreneur & Investor Conference.
Some of the investors include:
- August Capital
- Cal Cap Partners
- Price Waterhouse Coopers
- Rustic Canyon Partners
- Tech Coast Angels
- Baroda Ventures
- Santa Monica Capital Partners
Courtesy of Perfect Business:
SUBMIT YOUR PITCH
This is your ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME opportunity to pitch your business idea to Sir Richard Branson and a conference full of venture capitalists, angel investors and influential entrepreneurs.
Are you seeking capital or business partners for a new business? The Perfect Pitch 2009 will introduce your business to hundreds of accredited investors and entrepreneurs.
Plus, the Top 3 submissions will each win the following package:
- 2 VIP Tickets to The Perfect Pitch 2009
- Airfare to Los Angeles for the conference
- 2-night stay at The Ritz-Carlton
- Opportunity to present LIVE to The Perfect Pitch 2009 audience, including Sir Richard Branson
How does it work?
- Submit your pitch ONLINE – a pitch may include a written description, photos and video about your BUSINESS or IDEA
- Deadline for submissions is September 8th, 2009
- Judges will review all pitches – Top 3 win prizes and an invitation to pitch LIVE to Richard Branson and the conference audience
- Our judges represent over $9 Billion in funds, including executives from August Capital, Baroda Ventures, Cal Cap Partners, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Qualcomm Ventures, Rustic Canyon Partners, Santa Monica Capital Partners, Tech Coast Angels and Price Waterhouse Coopers.
- By submitting a pitch, you are not required give up any rights to your idea.
- If you are afraid of someone “stealing your idea,” then describe your business but withhold the critical details. A fundable business usually has new technology/design or an entrepreneur with special skills or relationships to make the business succeed. You should be able to explain your business without sharing the secret recipe.
- If you are seeking capital, only investors and your invited guests can view your pitch. YOUR PITCH WILL NOT BE PUBLIC.
- Top 10 will be announced on September 21st, 2009
- Top 3 will be announced on October 12th, 2009
All pitches will be seen by accredited investors, so every pitch has a chance to GET FUNDED.
What is a pitch?
A pitch is a one-minute video or a short written description that compels investors to take a closer look at your business. It is not a full business plan. KEEP IT SHORT. A good pitch grabs attention and explains the following:
- What your business is
- The customer need it fulfills
- The market size
- How you are better than the competition
- The strengths of you and your team
- An interesting fact or juicy bit of information that leaves investors wanting more!
How are pitches evaluated?
Pitches will be evaluated on clarity, viability, consumer need, growth potential, marketing strategy, team capability, scalability and competitive advantages. Each judge will also have personal preferences and other criteria for determining the best pitch.
Applicants who submit Top 10 pitches will be asked to provide more information to help judges determine the Top 3.
Click Here to read the full contest rules.
Is there an application fee?
Yes. All applicants will be required to pay an application fee of $60. This assures us that you are serious about your business. Also, we will provide you with a professional review, including tips on how to improve your pitch and find investors.
To encourage and assist applicants, we have assembled a welcome package with these valuable offers from our promotional partners:
- Investor Resources and Pitch Center access from PerfectBusiness – $99 value
- 10% off Logo Design Guru services
- $50 Gift Certificate from LegalZoom
How can I submit a pitch?
To submit a pitch, you must become a member of PerfectBusiness.com. It’s free to join. Simply fill out the form above (or login). Then proceed to create your pitch.
Next, we will walk you through 5 simple steps to create your pitch. Follow our helpful tips along the way.
- Choose Options
- Upload Video & Photos
- Write Description
- Preview Your Pitch
- Submit Your Pitch